Nevertheless, that is not all. Although Iran is a leading country, and of course a trendsetter, in cosmetic surgery, other medical aid and services are also available in the country’s top hospitals. These include, but are not limited to:
Stem cell therapy: a cutting-edge method which is drawn on to control or cure several types of diseases. This is usually practiced with the help of bone-marrow transplantation.
Infertility treatment: those who aspire to become a parent will definitely find the optimal solution with the health care provided by Iranian medical experts. IVF in Iran, for instance, is a fertilization method which combines the egg and sperm in a laboratory (in vitro). Another process is ovulation induction which stimulates and increases the ovulation of the female parent.
Orthopedic surgery: skeletal injuries, deformation and dislocations are treatable and correctable. With an extensive array of surgical and nonsurgical treatments, Iran’s health tourism has been able to help numerous patients to restore their active and normal lifestyle.
The list goes on. Other areas such as eye operation (e.g., Lasik), all types of dental treatment, and varied health services also attract the interest of patients who seek professional medical treatment.
You can consult with CarefulTrip specialists to find further information.
Medical Costs in Iran
Political causes and also the United States’ sanctions against Iran’s government have had direct impacts on Iran’s currency. The value of Iran’s dollar has been on the decrease during the past decade. As a result, the very same operations and health care which could cost you an arm and a leg in other countries, are offered with affordable and reasonable prices in Iran.
Postoperative care of breast reduction surgery!
Today, breast reduction is one of the popular surgeries that helps reduce the pain in neck and spine caused by the heaviness of these organs. The speed of recovery differs from person to person. After each surgery, postoperative care is vital and important. These actions make the surgery effective. Proper care after breast reduction will make recovery faster and easier. Therefore, you should follow the instructions.
What is breast reduction surgery?
Breast reduction surgery also known as mammoplasty is a therapeutic and cosmetic procedure, generally involving the removal of excess skin, fat, and tissue from the breasts, which usually causes the nipple position replacement. The surgery takes about 4 hours. Therefore, you should consider the risks and complications carefully and should be fully aware of all the details. The patient’s health and performance of internal organs such as heart, lung, kidney and liver should be in a good situation. The procedure usually requires general anesthesia and the patient will then have to stay in the hospital for one or two nights for recovery.
What to expect?
The breast reduction surgery generally involves:
- Nipple replacement
- Eliminating excess fat, skin and tissues
- Reforming the shape of the breasts
Musts and must nots after breast reduction surgery
The most important postoperative care or musts and must nots of breast reduction surgery are as following:
- You should slowly start walking and moving after surgery.
- Make sure to bring a family member or a friend during the surgery as a companion.
- Try not to drive right after the surgery, and ask someone to drive you home.
- Place your head and upper body higher than the rest of your body during sleep, to reduce the pressure on your wound. You can use more pillows to help the situation.
- During the first two or three days, take a sponge bath and clean the stitches following the given instructions by the surgeon.
- You can usually take a bath three days after the operation.
- If you have drains, you may take a shower 48 hours after removing all of them.
- When taking a bath, have someone by your side to make sure your condition is stable.
- In case of any complications or any sign of infection, contact your doctor.
- Check the incisions daily and keep them clean and dry.
- If the exposure of sun is unavoidable, use strong sunscreen (SPF> 30).
- Wear your compression garment 24 hours a day, for at least 6 weeks after surgery.
- If your breast skin is dry, you can use moisturizers, but you should keep the incisions and wounds dry.
- Do not drive for at least one or two weeks after surgery.
- Avoid extreme movements and intensive exercise for about four to six weeks.
- Do not put your incisions under any pressure.
- Avoid getting inside a bathtub or going to the pool for 4 to 6 weeks after the operation.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 12 months.
- Avoid taking off your compression garment for at least for 6 weeks after surgery.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic drinks and beverages for a few weeks before the surgery and at least one week after it.
Risks and complications of breast reduction surgery
Like any other surgery, breast reduction has its own complications. Choosing the best doctors and the most equipped medical centers will help you minimize the possible risks. The most common risks and complications of this surgery are as following:
- Loss of nipple sensation
- Bruising and blood clot
- Breast asymmetry
Tips for fast recovery
The followings are some useful tips for fast recovery after breast reduction surgery:
- Ask for help and support any time you need.
- Take all the medications, specially the antibiotics as directed.
- Finish the whole course of medications to avoid infections and other risks.
- Stay hydrated. Drink as much water as you can to maintain your body fluid and help remove the destructive effects of medications and anesthesia.
- Strengthen your body by eating healthy foods and nutrients.
- Use the compression garment as long as you can.
Frequently asked questions about breast reduction surgery
- Is it possible to do both breast reduction surgery and lifting together during a single procedure?
Yes, both reduction and lifting can perform together.
- Is reduction surgery a suitable choice for fibrocystic breasts?
Yes, there are no contraindications.
- Who is qualified for breast reduction surgery?
Women with double D and triple D, and H cups are usually qualified.
- How much does the breast reduction reduce the cup size?
The answer is two.
- How long does the procedure take?
Approximately 2 to 4 hours.
- Does this surgery affect the patient’s weight?
Yes, the patients usually lose some weight after breast reduction. This weight loss depends on the amount of tissue you remove during the procedure.
- Should I lose weight before this procedure?
If you lose some extra weight before the procedure, you will gain much better results.
- Does breast reduction cause pain?
During the first weeks after surgery, the pain is intense. However, it gradually diminishes.
- What is the best sleep position after breast reduction surgery?
You should sleep on your back for at least 8 to 12 weeks.
- Can the patients lift their arms after breast reduction?
After two or three weeks, the patients can gradually start lifting their arms.
- Can the patients work out after breast surgery?
You should avoid doing any kind of exercises for at least 6 weeks.
- How long does the swelling last after breast reduction surgery?
About 3 to 4 months.
- Why should I avoid putting on an underwire bra after breast surgery?
The underwire bras irritate the breast tissue and make recovery difficult.
The bottom line
Breast reduction surgery is an invasive major procedure that helps reshape the breasts and make them smaller. Iran is one the best destinations for cosmetic surgeries due to its modern hospitals and skilled doctors. In addition, affordable prices are among the most important qualities that encourage people to travel to this country and perform the required surgeries. Careful trip is among the best health care providers and the most reliable one in helping you access the best doctors and the most equipped medical centers while experiencing a memorable trip.
This Post Is Sponsored by CarefulTrip